Carleen Lyden Walker is a marketing and communications professional in the commercial maritime industry with over 40 years of experience. As founder and CEO of Morgan Marketing & Communications, she specializes in identifying, developing and implementing strategic marketing and communications programs that increase her clients’ revenues.
Utilizing her network of domestic and international contacts, she can drive corporate growth across borders and time zones. These relationships include:
· Ship owners/operators and other vessel owner/operators
· Bankers and financiers
· Ship managers
· Classification societies
· Insurance executives
· Regulatory, organizational and association representatives
In her 40 years of professional experience, including over 25 in shipping, she helped her clients develop business, reorganize and reposition their corporations, improve strategic planning, and manage sales. She has provided market and financial analysis, corporate communications initiatives (advertising, public relations, investor relations and crisis media management), product and services development, and event management.
Typical of her successful projects are the following:
· Developing and implementing a marketing program which increased a ship management company’s business by 35%;
· Growing the Connecticut Maritime Association’s annual conference by 25 % annually;
· Increasing sales force revenue by 43% for a national media sales organization;
· Conceiving and producing The Shipping News, the maritime industry’s first television program;
· Co-founded a robust marine environment protection organization (NAMEPA).
· Crisis media training, program development and implementation
· Developed and launched a chemical tanker company’s corporate communications program resulting in its swift sale for more than twice its acquisition cost.
· Renamed and repositioned a company resulting in 105% revenue increase
· Launched cybersecurity company on global platform
· Introduced a new ballast water management company to the commercial maritime industry
Current and former clients include: Overseas Shipholding Group, EnSolve, Eletson, Blank Rome, Chembulk, SSY Capital, The Connecticut Maritime Association, JP Morgan Chase, Furman Selz, K-Sea Transportation, NAMEPA (North American Marine Environment Protection Association), Atlantic Marine Limited Partnership, Mobil Shipping, Lloyd’s Register, Stolt-Nielsen, Det Norske Veritas (DNV), Concordia Maritime, NYMAR (New York Maritime Inc.) Bureau Veritas, Chenega Corporation, the Maltese Registry, Holland & Knight, The Marine Society, UABL S.A., Amistad America, The Admiralty/Finance Forum, SUNY Maritime College, Watson Farley & Williams, Aon, GE Capital and the Bermuda International Shipping Association, Healy & Baillie LLP, Naftiliaki/Newsfront, Alliance of Episcopal Maritime Ministries, Marine Money, North American Maritime Ministry Association, CR Cushing & Co, Cayman Maritime Services Park, Accuritas, HudsonAnalytix, Envirocleanse, Viswa Group.
Carleen Lyden Walker graduated from Wellesley College with a BA in Political Science and History (minor in Economics) and studied Accounting at Cornell School of Business Administration. She is a member of the Connecticut Maritime Association, INTERTANKO, WISTA, the Marine Society, and the National Press Club, and is a trained facilitator and media trainer and the President Emeritus of the Propeller Club Chapter of New York/New Jersey. She is on the Board of Trustees of the Coast Guard Foundation, the New Era Academy Maritime Advisory Board, Tall Ship Foundation and the American Caribbean Maritime Foundation. She held a Captain’s license to 100 tons. She is an IMO Maritime Ambassador, and a member of the Board of Directors for Gibbs & Cox.